Sunday, March 20, 2011

I might be coming home...

Update on my leg:
I went to a doctor that specializes in knees. He thinks I either bruised my bone or have a tear in my miniscus. If it is a bruised bone then I will just wear the brace we've had to buy and it will heal itself. If it is the miniscus then most likely I need surgery. To determine which it is I need an MRI. My parents (and I agree with them) think that it is crazy to spend so much money here to determine what is wrong because if I do go through everything here and it is the miniscus then I will have to go home and have another MRI, surgery and the whole shebang.
For now I'm using my lovely crutches and wearing my bionic knee brace. The knee brace is pretty hard core. This sucker is intense and comes fully loaded with side shinny things that look like they could shoot trank darts. Those shinny things on the side keep my leg from extending any more than 15 degrees.
I'm getting really exhausted from using the crutches to move but its necessary.

Kate brought me beautiful flowers that now sit in the corner of my room in a vase from my friend Nikoleta. My friend Jo, an American intern from Anatolia College nearby, brought me kiwi and mandarin oranges.

For now I'm just seeing how my leg feels and trying to figure out what to do. If I go home I will not be coming back to Greece for the year. Big decisions need to be made and all I can think about is how dumb it was to push myself to ski that hard on the first time.

1 comment:

  1. No bueno; hope things work out for you, Ashley. Try not to beat yourself up so much. Accidents happen in the pursuit of living fully :-)

    ReplyDelete