Monday, March 7, 2011

March Madness

Gone are the hot Florida days where the beach becomes a mecca for all those seeking relief from the warm climate. Gone are the lovely blue skies that sit overhead sunbathers feeling the warmth of the sun on their backs. Gone are my natural high lights that appear out of no where when I sit in the sun for a few hours.... why you may ask? Because of March madness... or Μάρτιος κάνει τρελλό. Literally March is MAKING ME CRAZY. 
Today it began snowing.... SNOWING. When I talk to people back home I'm hearing of lovely warm weather perfect for kayaking, fishing and swimming at the beach. 
When I was hanging out with some students yesterday we were surprised to find a little peice of blue sky in all of grey clouds. For 3 weeks it has been only grey skies and rain- like London.
I asked my boss and a Greek friend why the weather is so terrible. They both said that here in Northern Greece the weather is crazy and no one knows what it will be like.


So- y'all with lovely weather. Enjoy it while we over here camp out cuddled up with tea and taking many naps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment